Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My thoughts are not your thoughts and your ways are not My ways

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
and your ways are not My ways.”
This is the Lord’s declaration.

9 “For as heaven is higher than earth,
so My ways are higher than your ways,
and My thoughts than your thoughts.

Commentary:

When confronted by the pagan hordes who demand that you explain why you do not agree with their pagan beliefs, who corner you and seek to defame you and embarrass you, remember the prophet Isaiah, and the words which God the Father spoke to him, which he has written for us.

Remind the pagan hordes that we are called by the Lord's Spirit to something above human ways and thoughts; that we must seek to be what God wants us to be-filled with His Spirit and keeping His commands.